Lean Library, part of Technology from SAGE, was founded by librarians for librarians, with a mission to bring the power of the library to the patron. Our core solution is a browser extension which streamlines access to academic resources and content at the point of need. Over 100 libraries use this solution from universities all over the world including Harvard, NTU and Cambridge.
We are now entering an exciting new phase for Lean Library, as new leadership joins the business and we look to expand our solutions, always focusing on our original mission of bringing the library to the patron. The new roles we are recruiting in marketing, sales operations, customer implementation and product will be key to achieving our goals.
The Implementation Consultant will work closely with, and report to the Senior Implementation Consultant. You will work with new clients, and the most important task is to get them implemented and onboarded quickly. Your deep technical knowledge about the product will be essential to work with clients, should it be in the form of general support conversations, training or workshops. You will be an essential part of the small and agile Lean Library team, working with colleagues based in the Netherlands, the UK, the US and Australia. We have a real family culture at Lean Library, where every voice matter, and we all support each other. You will also be collaborating closely with many colleagues in the wider SAGE business. This will give you access to best-in-class practices and tools, but more importantly to excellent experience and advice as you take our customer experience into a new phase.
Implementation of new clients:
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain technical tasks to various audiences
- Strong project management skills to complete implementation projects within the agreed time period
Daily support of our clients:
- Answer day to day product-related support messages in Intercom (our support platform)
- Provide technical focused workshops and trainings to clients
- Increase customer satisfaction by answering questions in a timely manner and providing support with a proactive approach.
- Assist in Business Acceptance Testing for the Lean Library extension
- Investigate and report bugs to the product team
- Document new feature developments (e.g. in our internal and client facing knowledge base)
- Communicate customer feedback effectively to the product team
- Assist the sales team and other departments with relevant tasks as required
- Enthusiastic, organised and creative
- Preferably has some IT experience, e.g. web development
- Familiar with the agile working method
- Excellent communication skills in English (French and/or Spanish would be an added value)
- The ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with clients and a range of different stakeholders both within a core team (Lean Library) and in matrix settings (SAGE Publishing colleagues)
- Analytical skills
Diversity & Inclusion
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.