Lean Library, a SAGE Publishing company, was founded by librarians for librarians. Our mission is to help redefine, enable and amplify the power of the academic library in order to advance student learning and researcher impact. Our core solution is a browser extension which streamlines access to academic resources and content at the point of need. Over 100 libraries use this solution from universities all over the world including Harvard, NTU and Cambridge. Over the next few years we aim to pioneer a new approach to library services, bringing the library directly into patron’s workflows to accelerate learning and research.
If this sounds interesting to you and you are looking for a role where you can partner with libraries to help them meet new opportunities and challenges, then we would love you to join our team!
The Sales Support Executive will report into the Sales Director, International, Technology from SAGE, Talis & Lean Library. You will be responsible for supporting the sales and support teams to achieve their goals, working across areas such as customer support, sales operations and CRM performance.
You will be an essential part of the small and agile Lean Library team, working with colleagues based in the Netherlands, the UK, the US and Australia. We have a real family culture at Lean Library, where every voice matters and we all support each other. You will also be collaborating closely with many colleagues in the wider SAGE business, particularly those in sales and marketing. This will give you access to best-in-class practices and tools, but more importantly to excellent experience and advice as you take our operations into a new phase, bringing increased rigour in our organisation and processes, a data-driven approach to all we do, and increased engagement with our librarians and their patrons.
You will be responsible for supporting the sales and support teams at every step of the customer journey, helping to build a successful support function in Lean Library:
- Working closely with the sales team to ensure our CRM system is maintained.
- Managing and maintaining our master customer spreadsheet, using it to keep track of renewals.
- Supporting the sales team with account management tasks, such as answering customer queries, processing renewals, raising invoices and helping to deliver the best possible service to customers.
- Supporting the sales team with new business lead generation.
- Producing regular sales and usage analysis, using MS Excel, Power BI, Salesforce, and our internal usage statistics tool, to help the sales team identify trends and areas for capitalisation.
- Getting interested customers set up with trial accounts, following up with information needed and liaising with the implementation team on availability.
- Monitoring our Intercom support software, working with the implementation team to resolve support queries for customers and providing a high level of service.
- Working with the technical, sales and marketing teams on customer satisfaction ideas, implementation, and execution.
- Building relationships with customers from multiple sectors.
- Administrative, promotional and operational responsibilities may be included.
- Speak and write English as a business language
- Previous working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of using CRM systems
- Experience of using various reporting software such as Power BI
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player who enjoys helping people
- Customer-centric and passionate about delighting the customer
- Action-oriented, enthusiastic and organised
- Willing to travel some to key conferences or meetings
- Able to build relationships and work collaboratively with a range of different stakeholders both within a core team (Lean Library) and in matrix settings (SAGE Publishing colleagues)
Diversity & Inclusion
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in business operational, procedural or technical requirements SAGE may add, remove or amend/change the accountabilities for this role and you should be aware that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake reasonable tasks and activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.